Background

Friday, November 12, 2010

November 12: Peanut Butter

Today I was going to post about my love of the library and how my geek side squeals in delight every time I go to the lower ground floor level where they keep the folios and the REALLY old books, but instead I thought I would post something funnier.

Now I'm a big peanut butter eater. As a vegetarian I have to get my protein from somewhere and since I LOVE peanut butter I generally get enough protein from the amount of PB I eat. I may have mentioned to my cousin Thad before I left that not a lot of Europeans eat peanut butter and that it's pretty expensive here. It's in little jars about half the size of a normal one (for me) but they cost about twice as much as what I can get in the states. So, imagine my surprise when I was told that I had a package waiting for me at the post office around the corner.

I went over not expecting much but then they hand me this giant package that was heavy! Thank Goodness that I didn't have to carry it home from the package depot. When I got home I was very anxious to see what Thad had sent me. This is what I saw when I opened the box.

For those of you who can't tell what these are...
That's right! He sent me 12 jars of Skippy Peanut Butter! 12! I'm not a big Skippy fan...I'll be honest it tastes more like sugar than peanuts, but the thought is what counts. And it's Peanut Butter! HAHA! I just find it so funny. I laughed out loud when I opened the packed. I mean...12 jars! They now have a special spot in my room.

Now the question is...What am I to do with all the Peanut Butter?! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment