Background

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November 10: Pub Quiz Tonight

Since I don't really know when I'm going to get home later this evening I thought I would post this now.

My Wednesday's are lovely days. I only have one class, but that class happens to be at 9am. So, I can't just sleep the day away. Generally after my Gaelic class I head to the Listening Centre to do my Oral Gaelic homework. That didn't work out today because when I got to the centre it appeared that everyone else had the same idea that I had. All of the tape players were used up and I just couldn't be bothered. So, I decided that it would just have to wait until tomorrow and left for home.

Wednesday is also laundry day. Now, I'm a tad annoyed with this in my building. Why you ask? Because there are only 3 washers and driers for 5 floor with 3 flat complexes each that all hold 5 people. That's 15 people per floor and 75 people per building. It's true, that not all 75 of us wash our clothes at the same time, but college kids aren't known for planning ahead. This means that most of the time I go down there and one or two of them are still filled with clothes. That's just kind of irksome. I make sure that I'm going to be around when I do my laundry (and I set a timer so I know when to go move it) and I don't understand why everyone else seems to think that it's their own private laundry room. But I can deal with that even though I feel awkward taking someone else's laundry out of a drier...delicates and what not. But what really kills me is this. The driers don't dry. Not well at least. The washers fit and wash the week's laundry but the driers can only dry about 3 days worth of clothes. I could do my laundry every 3 days, but that would be a waste of my time and money and the Earth's water. So I don't do that. Instead, if there are driers open and no other load in a washer, I will take up two driers and split up my clothes. This works out really well because not a lot of people do laundry Wednesday mid morning. Sometimes I will have to put the whole load in one drier and run it twice, but that's not too often. What does all of this come to equal? 4 pounds and 20 pence. That's about $8 American money just to wash one load of laundry. Does anyone else see a problem with this? At home I could do it for $2 maybe $3. High living expense here in Aberdeen.

I also do my grocery shopping every Wednesday after my laundry is done. It's a nice walk though it's a bit tiring when you're loaded down with groceries on the way back. But Exercise is good for a person. And I desperately needed groceries today. I didn't have any cereal for breakfast so ended up going to the Hub and getting juice and coffee and a muffin. Not the most healthy breakfast I know.

When it's all said and done, do you know what makes the Workful Wednesday all worth it? Every Wednesday is pub quiz down at Slain's Castle with the roleplaying society. Yippee! I enjoy this immensely. So, guess what I'm going to try to be tonight. Irresponsible. I've never tried it before (seriously, ask anyone who knows me) and I thought that tonight I would try it. Just for fun. :) Pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment