Background

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Neuropsychology Lecturer

Alright, I know I said that I was going to try and do two posts today for making up for the whole getting ill thing. But tonight is the last mad dash to get my essay done. It is currently 1,052 words which is just under the minimum limit. It's supposed to be 1,200 words plus or minus ten percent. So, it can be between 1,080 and 1,320 words. It also only happens to be two paragraphs instead of three. I was going to write a third one, but with my argument there really is nothing left to say, I've argued my point well and clearly, and if I add another 400 word paragraph I might go over. So, I'd rather keep it clear and concise than write another paragraph that doesn't add anything to the overall argument. I'm going to think a little more tonight about what I could write and if something comes to me that looks like it might work with my essay then I'll happily put it in.

Oh, but hey, I'm suppose to be telling you about one of my psychology lecturers.

This one is not my favourite lecturers, but he's also not my least favourite. He's right there in the middle. Here are what I think are his main problems. He has interesting things to say (it's neuropsychology after all), but I don't think he conveys it well. Or, rather, he conveys it well when he's speaking but he doesn't really utilize the powerpoint. So I think that the powerpoint is a little distracting at times. I also think he goes a little too fast and a little too slow. He sort of just glazes over some things and then takes his time with other things. It's the things he just speeds through that I don't ever end up having notes for because I just can't type that quickly. I don't dislike him, but I also don't like him. I definitely go to all of his lectures because if I don't I know I'm not going to understand what his slides are saying.

It doesn't help that it's something that it's hard for me to wrap my mind around. If it weren't something that I could easily just get, then it wouldn't be a problem. Ah well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment