Background

Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Sweet Tooth

Do any of you watch The Closer? I watch it occasionally and always enjoy it (in fact I don't know why I'm not recording it). The main character is Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson, played by Kyra Sedgwick. Deputy Chief Johnson runs the Priority Homicide department in the LAPD. I am sometimes reminded of me when I watch it.

You see, Brenda Johnson has this odd, little quirk. She keeps a drawer in her office desk full of different chocolaty snacks which she gorges on when she's stressed. I also have this bad habit. When I get stressed I tend to mindlessly eat different sweets without noticing until I get that stomach ache that tells me that I've had far too much sugar during the day and not enough fruits and vegetables.

At the moment my drawer is full of Fruit Pastilles, two different chocolate bars, and chocolate eclairs. Normally, the days after Halloween I could go out and buy really cheap bags of candy and keep my drawer stocked, but Halloween isn't terribly big here. Unfortunately this means that most of my comfort sweets are unavailable to me.

You see, you can get American sweets here but not in the small variety. What I could use right now is a big bag of Reece's Halloween candy. That, and a big bag of York Mints.

I know this isn't the healthiest of habits, but sinking my teeth into a Peanut Butter Cup or a patty of chocolate and mint is just lovely when I'm biting my nails and pulling my hair out.

No comments:

Post a Comment