Background

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Aberdeen: Part 2 (Bits of the Neighbourhood)

This morning I went to the closest grocery store for the much needed soy milk and bread and thought I would take some pictures on my way home when I entered what I consider "my neighbourhood". I live in the "Great Northern Road" area of Aberdeen. Lisa and I live in the slightly nicer bit. It's not living in high society or anything, but it's not too bad either. I start considering it my neighbourhood once I pass a traffic light. I don't know why, but I have a theory that it's because it's the way I come home from campus when it's late do I know the area really well.

Unfortunately this morning is a little grey. I wish it was sunny for you guys because Aberdeen can actually be quite pretty when it's not completely gloomy.

Right after the traffic light.
A bus stop on the street I use to get home.
Aberdeen is really grey isn't it? Grey skies, grey sidewalks, grey buildings...
Over to the right you can see the local convenience store. It's like a minute walk from my flat but I only go there in emergencies because it's actually pretty expensive.
After the convenience store I turn onto my street.

Not very exciting I know. But hopefully tomorrow will be! I'll be taking some pictures of the City Centre at night tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment