Background

Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Aberdeen: Part 3 (the New Library)

I know, I know. I said I was going to get you pictures of the city centre at night. Unfortunately, I didn't end up going into town last night. But I do have some pretty pictures of the new library for you. It isn't even technically done yet, but it's done to the point where we can use it.

The outside of the library. Yeah, I know it looks like a blue and white Zebra. I personally am not a fan of the modern architecture being plunked down in the middle of all the old buildings, but oh well.  

I go up to a 7th floor study room whenever I'm feeling upset or stressed. Not only is it where Psychology is so the books are handy, but the view is great. Especially when you're not having the best of weeks. I went up there this afternoon to just relax a little. I think it's beautiful.

The view from the 7th floor study room.
 
There are a few problems with the new library. For one, the cafe downstairs is really ugly. They say that they are going to leave the concrete walls just as they are. I'm hoping they don't. For another, it's about ten times the size of the old library but doesn't hold all of the books. This means that if you want a book that is in storage you end up having to wait two days for them to be able to get it to you. By that point, I just don't think it's worth it. But, otherwise it's pretty ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment