Background

Saturday, November 26, 2011

"Lady Date"

This is what my friend Marlene called tonight. We went to see "My Week with Marilyn" together. We had asked some others as well, but as we were the only ones who could make it she dubbed the night a "lady date".

A little bit about Marlene. She might be the funniest person I know. And she doesn't even try. It's just who she is. I also think I annoy her a little, but I think that I annoy everyone to some degree. You see, I talk a lot...and I have really strong opinions about some things. I think I can be a tiresome person to be around because I don't like it when you cut me off especially when I'm in the middle of a rant. Marlene, even I do annoy her, doesn't do that. Nor does she show that she's annoyed at me (so this is all, really, just speculation on my part). I, of course, thinks this causes me to talk more and more when I'm around her alone because there's no one there to tell me to shut up. For that, I am grateful to her.

She talks too and I think we both need that. Amy isn't home all that much and Lisa isn't the most talkative person in the world, so when we're together we do tend to talk. Just to get it out. Haha!

Anyway, walking home this evening we saw two drunken men mooning anyone who would watch and who then proceeded to call us "fucking ginger". Then we passed an old man who said "woobedoo" to Marlene. After we parted ways I saw a pretzel massacre on the sidewalk. Those poor pretzels. Saturday nights in a city huh?

Night is always a tricky time. It's hard to judge when it's safe to walk home and when it's not. Generally on weekends I make the cut off a little sooner because I don't want a repeat of what happened my first night back. Tonight, I started out a little nervous walking home because it was half past nine when we left the cinema and I knew it would take a least half an hour to get home. But when we parted ways I was able to really feel the night air and I relaxed almost instantly. It's the end of November, so we should be getting snow, but we haven't had a single flake yet. And tonight was actually too warm for a jacket. I walked home in just my sweater and let the light breeze soothe my nerves.

It's nights like tonight when walking home alone is the best. I wasn't concentrated on getting home as fast as I could to warm up. Instead I concentrated on the past week. I was able to think. It was nice. There's no other way to describe it, but Aberdeen gave me such a nice night that I was able to think.And when I got home, there was a gorgeous view of some very white clouds against an almost indigo sky. Beautiful. I am in a very good mood, which I hop rolls over to tomorrow.

On to the roleplaying part:

The character I made before Angie (so that would make this my 4th character) was Mysha Snow. The game was based on George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series. For those of you who haven't read them I highly recommend them. The first book, "A Game of Thrones", is now a series on HBO. Anyway, Mysha Snow is really Mysha Stark heir to Winterfell, but she was captured by Braavosi sellswords when she was three at the orders of her uncle her killed her mother and father and now she must prove that she is truly a Stark. Unfortuantely, the game ended. I think it was because of the wrong GM for the game thing. I'm still rather proud of Mysha though. I hope she did prove that her uncle is a murdering bastard and reclaimed the seat. I like to think she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment