Background

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The First English Lecturer

Right, well, as I suspected I didn't do anything but hide in the library and work all day. This means I don't have any pictures for you.

Because I didn't want to delay it again and not have enough time to do my other weekly topics what I thought I would do is start this week's topic now and finish up "My Aberdeen" along with the next posts. So, it would have writing on this week's topic but pictures for "My Aberdeen." Sound good? I hope so, cause that's what I'm doing.

This week's theme I though could be teachers. I wanted to tell you of some teachers I'm really enjoying right now, ones that I'm not at all, and maybe start up a discussion about what makes a teacher good. Plain and simple and yet I realised that I really haven't talked to you much about my teachers (or my classes really). I figured now was as good a time as any to start.

So, today I wanted to talk to you about one of my English lecturers. She also happens to be my tutor for my tutorial sessions. So far, she's my favourite lecturer for this Shakespeare course. Her lectures are always fairly...epic is the only word. She utilizes the powerpoint instead of either reading off of it or puppy absolutley nothing of importance on it and just speaking to us. I find myself vastly interested in her lectures even though she's lectured on my not so favourite plays.

As a tutor, I am one happy bunny. Last year my tutors were really nice people but I didn't really enjoy the tutorial and I didn't really see the point in going. My first tutor was really nice, but didn't really know how to spark us into conversation. My second tutor really just gave us mini lectures which weren't all that fun. This lecturer/tutor sparks us into conversation, gives relative information when needed but mostly allows us to talk, and in general is just great.

I had a meeting with her today about my essay and she sort of just too the stress and threw it off of my shoudlers. She was friendly while still holding this massive authority. At the some time she was accommodating. I've never seen something like it.

Needless to say, I like her. She's one of the good ones that really make it interesting for me to sit and read Henry IV. I'm pretty glad that she's grading my essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment