Background

Friday, September 3, 2010

My New Kindle

I finally broke down and got a kindle. I used to think that there was no way that I would ever get a kindle because I really like holding the books and owning the books and all that stuff. It just seems old timey to me and I like the idea of having a library full of books when I get older and have a house of my own. You know, one of those libraries that you read about in Jane Austen books. But, I realized something as I was packing. I can't take that many books. I have this pile of books that I was starring at and wondering which books I should take and which I should leave. I couldn't just leave my copy of The Great Gatsby could I? Well, when I came to the realization that I couldn't take all of my books with me I was very sad. Sounds nerdy, but I really was. That's when my dad said that maybe it was time I got a kindle. Since I like the idea of being able to read a different book every month I agreed to get a kindle. So, now, Kendall the Kindle (that's right! It asked me for a name and "Erin's Kindle" was too boring for me) is set up and I have bought my first book on it. It's a Phillippa Gregory book.

For those of you who don't know Phillippa Gregory and like historical fiction I would say that you need to run to your library, bookstore, or kindle and buy one of her books. This will be the third book of hers that I have read, but I'm looking forward to reading all of her books because they're just that good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment