Background

Saturday, September 18, 2010

I'm here!

Alright guys! I am here in Scotland. After I left Alabama the trip was rather boring. Except in London Heathrow. You see, they sent me to the wrong terminal. So I waited and went through security again and all that good stuff and then I'm told, "you came to the wrong gate." I'm sorry, I came to the wrong gate. No, no, no, no, no. None of you people would answer my gosh darn question when I asked which terminal should I go to and then finally stuck me in a line for terminal 3. The long and the short of it is that I had to run around that airport to get to terminal 5 in time to catch my plane which I did almost miss. I didn't, but the possibility was still there. Oh! So frustrating!

Did I tell you guys that instead of living in the "dorm" rooms I was offered a place at an off campus flat. I really like it. I have my own bathroom and room, but my kitchen space is shared with 4 other people. I actually haven't met any of my flat mates because I've been running around trying to get sheets and pillows and towels and all the stuff like that. I still need a hair drier. But those things will come in time. Possibly tomorrow when I'm not suffering from lack of sleep.

Right now what I'm (FINALLY) going to do is take a shower and wash off all 15 1/2 hours of travel. I feel so gross, but what could I do without towels first? Am I right? Anyway, I'll post some pictures of my flat room later.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh! It's so exciting that you are finally there! I can't wait to see pictures of your flat! Is it like an apartment? Or it kinda sounds like dorm rooms off campus. Either way...sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete