Background

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Only 2 Weeks (Plus a Little)

I am slowly and surely packing. I went out and bought a whole bunch of new, warm clothes. Well, as warm of clothes as you can get in California. Anyway, I pretty much have all of my clothes ready. I bought these really cool socks that go all the way up my legs. They're amazing! Let's see, new pairs of long pajama pants, 6 long sleeve or turtle neck short sleeve shirts, underwear, socks (about a million new pairs), some regular shirts (hey, $8 at Target), some dorm shoes...and long pants. Yep! Plenty of new clothes but they are definitely a lot cheaper here than they will be in Scotland.

I've also bought a few new cooking things. I got a vegetable peeler that goes on your finger. :D I think it's the coolest thing in the world. Well, besides my collapsible strainer.

My large bag is half way packed. All of my jeans and long sleep pants are packed and so are most of my long sleeve shirts and sweaters. My socks too and other underwear. I'm waiting to pack up my little suitcase until after this weekend when I go down to visit my mom and step dad. But I really think I'm going to have enough room for everything! Including my pictures! That's a big relief for me.

On another note, I got a call from my first puppy's new partner's wife asking me what I ate. I told her I ate everything really, but that I was a vegetarian. I think I said something along the lines of I'm not really that picky and she said well, you're a vegetarian. That's pretty picky. I thought that was hilarious! But seriously, I really do eat almost everything...except meat.

Anyway, I'll post pictures of my last two weeks here. Most of these two weeks will be spent with Rocco. I think I might miss him the most. That sounds weird, but I've really grown attached to him. He's such a goober and I have no idea what I'm going to do when I'm in my littler dorm room all alone...with no dog. I've had a dog all my life. I mean ALL my life. It's gonna be the biggest change of all I think.

2 comments:

  1. A non-picky vegetarian...probably the funniest thing I've heard all day! But it's okay, my best friend is a vegetarian :) haha.

    I can imagine how you feel about leaving Rocco! That would be so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think to be a vegetarian you really can't afford to be picky because so many of the nutrients you get in meat are in foods that most people don't really like. Tofu and cooked greens to name a few. Really though, Meat and most purple foods are the only thing I really won't eat. :)

    ReplyDelete