Background

Thursday, May 26, 2011

My First Bouncer Fight

Ok, first I want to make clear that I was not involved in this bouncer fight. For those of you who know me know that I'm a sweet, gentle person who doesn't get angry easy. You also know that I'm a tiny thing that wouldn't stand a chance in a fight. And you should all also know that despite me being tiny it takes a lot for me to get tipsy let alone drunk. So, here's the story.

Last night, instead of studying like I probably should have, I went to the weekly pub quiz with the Roleplaying Society. We had a lot of fun as always, but this week someone suggested that we go to a club afterwards to dance. We were all on the fence for a while, but eventually most of us headed over. While standing in line this guy, who was obviously quite drunk, came back towards a bouncer who had told him to get out. The drunk guy shoved, the bouncer grabbed him and shoved him down, the other bouncer rushed over and the two of them sat on the guy. All the while the drunk guy's girlfriend or something was shouting things like "He's calm!" and "Get off of him." and "Oh, hit a girl then!" (even though neither of the bouncers looked like they would hit her. They did however look like they were prepared to sit on her too if she presented a problem). Also, imagine everything she was saying, but imagine it as someone who is drunk and Scottish. It was quite exhilarating, but at the same time it was a complete buzz kill. See, when the drunk guy pushed into the bouncer the bouncer obviously stumbled backwards and little. Guess who he stumbled into. Yep, me. Basically, all the alcohol I had ingested that evening went away and I was no longer tipsy (yes, someone bought me a tequila shot and it hit me like a brick wall and I was officially tipsy). A few of the others lost their alcohol joy as well so, to make this long story short, we went into the club for five minutes then left. But hey! I experienced my first bouncer attack thing. The police even made an appearance which is pretty cool. Well...not for the drunk guy who shoved the bouncers and started a fight, but in general it was definitely and experience.

If that weren't enough, before this happened we were all standing outside deciding whether or not to go and this very drunk fellow comes over and starts talking to us. It was a little confusing because you couldn't understand a word he was saying. Then, after he left us, this other drunk guy came over and tried to get me and my friend Maren and Lisa to go with him to a...club I think it was. Obviously, we politely declined. Oh, but wait, there's more!

As we were walking home from the club after deciding that we'd had too much excitement for one night this drunk guy follows Sean, Jamie, and me for a while. At first he just asked for a cigarette. Alright, fair enough. Then he just followed us and was talking to himself and joined into our conversation. Except, he didn't' really join in because he came in with something that had nothing to do with what we were talking about. It was something about people's accents or something. I don't remember.

It was a very interesting night to say the least. I'm almost happy that I have an exam at 9am tomorrow so that I can stay in tonight and go to sleep early.

No comments:

Post a Comment