Background

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

One Week Left

In exactly one week I'll be at LAX waiting to board my flight. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to book a flight that left at 8pm. Don't really know what I was thinking, but as of right now I'm just happy that I have tickets and a seat on the flight.

We had a little trouble with the bank and their fraud check. Long story short, they declined the transaction for the tickets and didn't tell us. Rather, they told us, but it wasn't clear that they had declined the transaction instead of just checking to make sure that we did authorize this and put it through eventually. We've brought it to the back's attention that they need to make this clear on their fraud prevention message. Thankfully though, there was still room on the flight and even more thankfully, the airline didn't charge me extra. Unfortunately, I've love my stellar seat. I'm probably in the back which I absolutely hate on long flights! The seats are generally more squeezed together and more uncomfortable. There was a part of me that wanted to tell me the give me the seat I picked back, but I knew they were being super nice about not charging more and getting me a seat. So, I let it slide but we've had a talk with the bank about the fact that I will have charges in both the UK and the US and to not decline airline tickets like that without calling and asking first.

I'm pretty ready to get back. I know that I'm going to miss here, but I'm really excited to get back to my little place with my Lisa. I can't believe that we have our nice, little flat after looking so long. I really can't wait to set up my room and get back to...home. I guess that's what it is now; my home. Scary, scary thought.

7 days and counting.

Peace,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment