Last week I didn't have time to put up a "Two Weeks" post because I was trying hard to get settled and everything so I actually walked all the way to town and shopped around the mall. I found nail clippers and gloves and...a COSTA! Costa is the big coffee chain here. Sure they have Starbucks and I could go there for coffee, but what I was really looking forward to was the Costa. I think, no offense to dear Starbucks, that Costa coffee tastes all around better. Though, I haven't gone to a Starbucks here so for all I know it could actually be just as good as Costa. My point being that I was really excited and promptly got myself a cappuccino. Besides that I didn't do so much on Saturday, but I was out pretty much all day walking around the city centre. I'm probably going to do the same thing tomorrow and look for a small, stuffed, all black cat to take with me to Roleplaying on Sunday...yes, I know I'm a nerd.
Anyway I think it's time that I tell you what I've accomplished these past two weeks.
1. Made it to every single one of my classes and tutorials one time and without really getting lost. I don't understand how people can end up in the wrong room. All you have to do is check your schedule before you leave and carry a piece of paper with your room numbers on it for the first week and then all you have to do is follow the signs.
2. Walked all the way to city centre and figured out where all the cool shops are (though I think I still have a lot to find out).
3. Bought my first alcoholic drink.
4. I can now say a whole bunch of stuff in Gaelic and hold a basic, but decent conversation.
5. Cleaned my room. You know, vacuuming, toilet scrubbing, desk clearing, the whole sha-bang.
6. Made a few friends, though I'm still looking for the same companionship as that that I had back home with my friends.
7. Went through several fire alarms with my flatmates (all of whom I adore). We had 4...no 5 fire alarms in the past week. All of them false alarms and only one or two false alarms with a reason. Like bacon smoking on the hub because someone forgot that she was cooking it. At least that one was sensible.
8. Finished a whole bowl of sweets that was full last Saturday...
9. Signed the paper down in the lobby that allows the desk to take packages for me so that what happened with this last package doesn't happen again (they lost my package! Grr...)
10. Finally got my bank thing set up...sort of. It'll take 4 weeks even though they're the ones that screwed up and is the reason I don't have one yet.
Goals for the next Week:
1. Set up appointment with the GP, because they asked and because that package that the post office lost contained my medication (that I've been off for a week and a half now) so I need to get them to refill it.
2. Find access to a printer.
3. Finish reading a few of my "for fun" books.
4. Get a good night's sleep at least for the weekend (I haven't had that great amount of sleep in the past week so I'm rather tired)
5. Go down to the supermarket on Sunday, get a whole bunch of flowers, and walk through the cemetery near the flat and lay flowers on some of the graves. Hey! They need to be reminded that someone out there is still thinking of them right? (It's a very old cemetery)
6. Get a bottle opener so I can drink my Koppaberg Non-Alcohalic Cider. It's been sitting in my fridge for a week and I want to drink it gosh darn it!
7. Get ahead in Gaelic because I'm a bookworm and I love the language.
8. Find my stuffed, black cat and a bleach pen and bleach the heart shaped mark on her chest. Yes this is for my roleplaying game. I am an elf wizard and I have a familiar named Bynx who is an all black cat. I want to take it to the session this Sunday. :)
9. Find out what it would take to get a membership at the Sports Centre so that I can get rid of some of this excess energy.
10. Buy a new straightening iron (mine kind of died) and a hair drier so that it doesn't take hours for my hair to dry in the morning.