Background

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dropped Philosophy

I don't know if I ever posted about how much I really wasn't enjoying my Philosophy course. I really like Philosophy, don't get me wrong. I don't mind studying the different schools of ancient Greece and all theat. I even want to name my next cat Socretes. But any class can be ruined when you don't have the right teacher and the lecturer for my Philosophy course just wasn't the right one for me. She's a nice enough lady and I think I would really enjoy just talking to her, but she just didn't hold my attention in the lectures. I've never before fallen asleep in school because I really enjoy school. I really do. I'm quite the bookwormish nerd, but there were a couple of times when I found myself drifting off during her lectures. So, what did I do. Of course I dropped the class. This might seem like the easy way out for some of you out there, but rest assured I stuck through it for a month and still wasn't enjoying it and wasn't able to focus during class. And I was already taking one extra course so I don't have to find another course to supplement the credits I'm going to be losing. So, I'll have a normal workload, I won't have to go to a class that not only gets me no closer to my degree but also doesn't hold my attention or interest, and both of the days that I stay until 5 I now only go until 4. It seems like a win/win situation to me.

So, I have a question for you guys. What classes were ruined for you during your college years (or right now if you're still in your college years) because of a teacher who just couldn't teach? Did anything good come of it (like finding a new interest and course that turned out to be your true calling)?

No comments:

Post a Comment