Background

Friday, October 15, 2010

Guess What!

So, I have to say I have the most amazing boyfriend ever. Why is this you ask? Well, of course I'm bias but how many other boyfriends would fly half way across the world just to see their girlfriend? That's right people! Ryan's coming for a 2 week visit!

Needless to say I am very, very happy. He's bringing two very important things that I forgot at home. One is my stuffed bear Patches. I had every intention of bringing Patches, but when it came down to it I just didn't have room so I left him behind. To answer the question that I'm sure is going through your head right now, yes I do still sleep with a teddy bear. In fact at home I sleep with multiple stuffed animals every night. But that brings us back to the space in my suitcase issue doesn't it? Anyway, he's also bringing me my GDB 2010 Calender. I totally meant to bring that, but when I unpacked I found that I had left it behind. :) I'm very happy to have it back. (Speaking of GDB, check out this post from my Dog Blog about my issues about not having an animal here). He said that my dad and step-mom also gave him a few things to give to me, but he won't tell me what they are. I guess I'll just have to be patient. But it's really hard to do right now.

He's coming in on Sunday which means I'll probably have to leave the Roleplaying Session a little early to meet him at the airport (Jamie if you're reading this I'm sending you an email straight after I finish up this post, but I'll definitely still be there for the Committee meeting).

Didn't I tell you guys that I was on the committee? You remember? I wasn't too sure if I was running but it turns out that I was. You remember! Well, I think the only reason I won was because I brought my cat with me and said "I'm a first year and I have a cat. And I'm American so I know how Democracy works (which got a big laugh and groan from the group)." Anyway, they either voted for me because I brought a stuffed cat with me or because they felt worry for the poor American who thought that her country actually knew how to govern itself...and I believe I was described as looked like a Hobbit because I have a Bob cut and I happened to be wearing a cloak that day. Anyway...

So yeah! That's my big news! I'm very excited for Sunday!!!! But for now, on to my first essay (well, it's really only the opening paragraph of the essay) of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment