Background

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

First University Exam

Today is my first exam. I'll be honest, I haven't studied for this one as much as for the others. Just about everything is easier to study for than Linguistics. I sat down yesterday with the good intention of studying a little, just to refresh my mind, and I thought, "What the heck am I suppose to study?" So I ended up looking at the last class Power Point just to get my brain in the mood of communication. Since I missed the last class, and my professor never emailed me the practice exam like he said he would, I really don't know what to expect. I'm not all that worried though. My friend sat me down yesterday to help me with writing essays in the style expected in the UK and the first thing he wrote underneath the heading of "Exam Help" was "It is impossible for you to fail first year." When I gave him that quizzical look he said that it wasn't impossible is was just highly unlikely. Actually we did find out that it was impossible for me to fail my English course unless I didn't sit the exam...which I'm not planning on doing. After that I decided to see what I needed in all of my other courses and it is ACTUALLY impossible for me to fail my History of Art and my Gaelic courses as well as long as I write something down on the paper. I couldn't figure it out for Linguistics though because I have no idea what I got on my essay. Sure, I could have gone to the school office to pick up my essay (it was handed back after I was already back in the States), but I really just couldn't be bothered. I didn't want a good essay mark to inflate my head into thinking that I didn't have to study or a bad mark getting me all depressed before the exam. That would have caused me to stress and then to poorly in the exam because of the stress. So, I'm going to go into it with only enough of me caring to write something intelligent on the paper.

Wish me Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment