Background

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Almost Done

Woohoo! I'm almost done with everything but packing.

I booked my flight times. I'm leaving September 15 and going down to visit my first GDB puppy who is now a working Guide for day before I leave the country. I have a wonderful gift for her and her new partner for her Second birthday (which is on October 11) and I'm so glad I get to give it to them in person. It'll be a month early, but at least I won't have to leave it in a package here with orders to ship it to them on the first week of October. Now I know that it'll get to them. :) Anyway, then I leave from there on the 17th and arrive in Aberdeen on the 18th.

And since I've made my travel plans I was able to book my seat on the free shuttle from the airport to the school on welcome weekend. They wanted flight numbers and arrival times and all that, so I was finally able to do that.

I've also almost finished registration. The UA has this interesting eRegistration page with the school crest in the middle. You click on the four separate corners of the crest to go on to a different part of eRegistration. My personal details are complete. YAY! I've registered on the University online community which means I have access to all computers on campus now and have my University email address. YAY! And I've paid for the semester. Funny store there. I tried to pay GBP 9,500.00 and it wouldn't let me transfer the money from my college fund to the school and I couldn't figure out why. It was driving me crazy! I was afraid that there was no money in my account anymore (ID theft! AH!) but there was. Then I was afraid the bank card wasn't working so I went to Barnes & Nobles and bought a drink with it, so it wasn't that. Then I realized that it was GBP 9,500.00 a year not a semester and it wasn't letting my pay for the whole year. So I paid my GBP 4,750.00 with no problem! YAY! Now the only thing I have to do is register for classes. For some reason when I click on that last fourth of the crest it doesn't take me to another page. I can't figure it out so I've emailed my overseas advisor (yes, she got back to me this morning after two weeks and after I had figured out where to go and what to do) and asked her if I actually couldn't register for classes until Freshers week. I also asked her how much I still owed for my accommodations. I paid the deposit, but I can't find out how much I still owe and that's a problem.

Now all I have to do is pack. I don't know if I'm emotionally ready to do that just yet. But my step-mom gave me a good idea. She said I should pack two things a day until the week before. That way the bulk is out of the way and I start slowly. I like the idea and will probably start today.

It's hard to imagine that in less than a month I'll leave my childhood town and move on to my "adult" life. Hey! I still sleep with a teddy bear. I can't be that grown up just yet. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment