Background

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Snatched

For those of you who know me you know that I'm lactose intolerant. I mean, in this day and age, who isn't? Well ok, I'm sure that there are people out there who aren't lactose intolerant, but I am. I'm not terribly lactose intolerant, but it's enough to where I can't drink milk on a daily basis or eat cheese everyday or use real butter everyday or...well you get the rest. (this also means that I'm already half vegan.) The problem with this is that I love cream cheese and I LOVE cheeses like Brie and Gouda. Now, even though I love these things there are some days where I just can't have them. Of course according to the laws of nature the days I can't have them are also the days that I crave them the most. These are the days where I feel that something has been snatched from me.

I also have asthma so there are days when I have to decide whether or not it's ok for me to go outside or if it would be better for me and my lungs if I stay inside and relax. Also a day when something is snatched from me. And don't even get me started on the acid reflex that keeps me away from chocolate and coffee most days.

So, what do I do most days when I feel something has been snatched from my life? Most days I shrug it off and remember that this is my life. Even if my DNA missed a few links when creating my immune system I'm happy most days...even if my chocolate intake has drastically plunged since discovering that the cause of me staying awake with a tummy ache most nights as a child was due to acid reflex.

What happens though when something that really, really wanted is taken from me? In short what happens is I become distant and...well...sad. Thankfully, after a few short hours of feeling down I start to lift back up (without a lot of help from chocolate). Sometimes I just have to remember...this is my life and it is what I make it. So, even if I feel that something was snatched from my life right now, I won't feel that way forever.

Sometimes, good things take a while to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment