Background

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Officially Over

Today was my last exam. What does that mean? It means that first year for me is officially over. Done. Finished. Whatever word you prefer, first year has been completed.

Right now my tasks involve packing up my room. It's proving to be a little bit of a hassle seeing as I have a different size bed next year and therefor a new duvet and new sheets. I haven't decided if I want to keep my old duvet as a spare just in case we have visitors, but if I do that means that I'll have two duvets to store. I know that probably doesn't sound like a lot, but Lisa and I were offered the spare bedroom in a friend's house to store our stuff for three weeks and I don't want to overload the room with stuff...even if it is the spare room. This means that things are a little complicated when it comes to packing things away.

I'm trying to take as much as possible with me back but, at the same time, leave as much as possible. I'm thinking that in addition to the three plastic boxes I have I'll leave one suitcase full of winter clothes. I definitely won't need them where I'm going and that would mean that I would only have to worry about one suitcase on the way back across the pond.

So far about half of my stuff (not including clothes) is packed away. That's pretty good seeing as I have 5 more days to do everything...including cleaning the room from top to bottom in hopes that I'll get most of my deposit back. Really and truly, I may have finished up exams, but packing is going to be so much more stressful. Thank goodness that I have friends the help keep me sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment