Background

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sleeeeeepppppyyyyy

If you read yesterday's post you know that every day little things happen that make me feel as if something has been snatched from me. You also know that those little things don't really put me out. I think of them as little obstacles that we all have to go through that make life interesting. You also know that I can't shrug everything off and the big things are usually what make me upset. Recently my sleep has been snatched up...and it's kind of a big thing that I can't shrug.

For the past six nights now I have gotten 1-2 hours of sleep and it's starting to show. I wish I could say why I haven't been sleeping but I really have no idea. Last night I tried staying up a little later, doing some yoga before bed, and drinking a glass of warm milk. These are all things that should have helped me sleep. Unfortunately last night was the same as many others.

What's been happening for almost the past week is that I'm so tired that I fall into bed between 9 and 10. Then I toss and turn and toss and turn and so on. I fall asleep between 12 and 1, wake up again between 2 and 3, and then fall asleep again at around 4:30. And every morning when I wake up at 5:48am I curse that rising light in the sky. It's really frustrating and I'm starting to get grumpy and snippy. I have some plans to get me to fall asleep tonight, but I don't know if they'll work. Hopefully they will because this whole normal sleep pattern thing is something I definitely miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment