Background

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Election Time

For those of you who are reading this in America you might be surprised that here at a University in the UK we too have elections. It has come to election time here at the University of Aberdeen. This past Sunday was the election for the committee of AURA (the roleplaying society). For those of you who remember my posts from Spetember then you will remember that I have spent the last few months on the committee as First Year Representative. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on the committee this year, so I decided to run for the committee again. I ran for secretary, but unfortunately the guy I was running against was ill on Sunday. That means that I feel bad about being the new AURA Secretary, but I'm sure I will get over it. Though, I have decided that I should stop trying to tell jokes. They don't work for me.

It is also time for Student Body elections. I spent about 2 hours last night helping my friend put up banners around the campus. We weren't allowed to start putting up banners and posters until 12:01 this morning (which might be why I'm drowning myself in caffine). I say putting up posters for 2 hours, but really I spent an hour waiting around guarding a place that we would eventually put up a banner and then we ended up putting the banner in a different place. :P

Voting closes this Thursday, so for those of you who are reading this at Universtiy please remember to vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment