Background

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Houses, Flats, and Lost Keys! Oh My!

So, you know that house viewing that Marlene, Lisa, Amy, and I had yesterday? Well, the house was perfect. We absolutely loved it! We went in, looked around, and basically said "yes, we want it." The real estate agent directed us to the office in town where we could sign the papers and definitely have a place to stay next year. Sounds like a happy ending huh? Well, unfortunately, it was not meant to be. As we were walking from the house to town we decided to call the agency to tell them that we were on the way to sign papers for the house. Amy called. She said, with a fallen face, that just as she was on the phone someone else came in to sign the papers who had viewed the house earlier. Oh well, it happens right? The only thing that gets me is that we could have had scheduled our viewing Monday if they had been able to make a viewing booking online and might have possibly seen the house before the four boys who ended up making it there before us. Means we could have been on the other side of the bridge signing the papers while the four boys had to find somewhere else to live. It's not worth worrying over really, because we won't get the house even if I do worry. So, I say "Oh well!" and will move on. We'll find the place we're suppose to stay in.

Actually, we walked down to the agency anyway to see if there was anyway we could make a better offer to get the house (which was a little awkward because the boys were still there dotting the final I's and crossing the final T's). We found out we couldn't, but we did get to view a four double bedroom flat today. The other three thinks it's nice, but looks a little grotty. I honestly don't think it looked all that grotty. The bedrooms were a wonderful size and the kitchen was nice and the living room was spacious. We'd even have our own garden. We did tell the agent that we wanted to lease it, but he had to get in contact with the landlord and with the Easter weekend we might not hear from them until this coming Tuesday. We're still looking just in case this one falls through, but I actually have a good feeling about it. Plus, I think if we decide to view something else and wait on this one and we end up hating the other things we view, then this one will be taken by the time we decide. It's a fickle thing to do; looking for a place to live. But, it's just a waiting game now with the flat we viewed today. We shall see...

Speaking of places where people live. I have lost my key. I don't know how it happened. All I know is that I stuck it in my purse after I locked my room door and when I came home from the pub quiz last night it wasn't there anymore. Let me tell you, getting back into my flat was a difficult task, but I did it. I went back to the pub today and asked if anyone had brought it up to the bar...but they didn't have it up there. I left my name and mobile number with the guy and he said he would ask the night staff who worked last night. But I'm not holding up much hope for it being found. Tomorrow as I pay my rent, I might just suck it up and pay the 20 pounds for a new key. I have a temporary one right now that I won't have to pay for if I find my other one, but...hmm...I don't know. Maybe I should just wait until Monday and if the pub hasn't contacted me by then, then I should pay for the new key. Or, I could pay and if I find it I could get the twenty quid back. Damn housing! Causing me so much trouble this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment