Background

Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Trip Home

Alright so now is the post where I tell you about my trip home.

Sp, first thing's first. I had to get to the airport by 4:30am since my flight was at 6:30am. Now, I was going to book a taxi to come by my building around 3:30am because that would give me an hour to get to the airport and that's what it usually takes in bad traffic. I thought that since it was going to be early morning that it wouldn't take that long but better safe than sorry. But, a friend of mine, you know who you are, said that I should be extra careful and have the taxi come by at 2:30am just in case of snow and ice. Well, the snow and ice had pretty much melted by Friday morning so guess what time Erin got to the airport. That's right...2:45am. Now, you might ask, "Hey Erin. Is the airport even open at that time?" The answer is no. I waited outside for a good hour before someone came and opened a door and then again until 4:30am for the ticket agents to arrive to get my baggage checked.

Besides having to wait out in the cold for that long I had a very smooth ride. I slept for a lot of it because I was running on an hour of sleep. Even then my sleep on the plane wasn't great so I was basically awake for 26 hours before I got home, took a bubble bath, and finally went to sleep with all of the animals in my room.

Speaking of animals I had a wonderful surprise when I got to the airport. A few people from my puppy group were originally going to meet me at the airport but then things happened and they couldn't come. So, I wasn't expecting anyone besides my dad and step-mom. But when I got there Alyson and Rockford had come! I was so excited to see to see them and so thankful that they came!

Anywho, I'm home now and enjoying the fact that I'm not just eating cereal and salads. :D My dad made biscuits this morning...and I had 3. When I normally only have 2. So, my plan to lose weight here so that I can gain it back when I get back to Scotland might not work out. Because it is the holidays and everyone likes to make cookies and cakes and good things to eat. Eh, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment