Background

Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's Good to be Home

I'm very glad I left when I did now. I was a little hesitant about missing the last week of school until I heard of all the trials of my friends trying to get home for the holidays. If I had waited for a week, like I originally planned, chances are I wouldn't be home right now. I might if I got lucky, but there's only so much luck to around between travellers during the holiday season. If you guys haven't seen it on the news, some of the major airports in the UK and in Europe are just closed due to weather. London Heathrow is closed because of all the snow and the fact that they ran out of, what I am calling because I can't remember the actual name, plane antifreeze. I believe Paris is closed too. So, while I did miss a week of classes, I'm very happy that I left early.

Well, enough of my gloating about how easy it was for me to get home. On to present adventures. Rocco and I are in Los Angeles right now. We headed down on the train yesterday to spend some time with my mom and step dad. We're going to leave tomorrow for Phoenix which should be...well interesting to say the least. We're going to see my step dad's family who are Jewish but also not Jewish and he's Buddhist and...well, it's all very confusing. I'm not sure if we're actually celebrating Christmas but there are a lot of birthdays in his family around this time of year. Anyway, it should be fun and it'll be interesting to see how Rocco handles this long of a road trip. It would be so much cooler if we were flying, but then I would have to go through Guide Dogs to get clearance for him to fly. This way I only needed to make sure it was alright if I took him into another state.

Hope you're all having a wonderful holiday season so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment