Background

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Letter to Santa

Dear Santa,

We haven't spoken in a while and that's partly my fault. I lost faith a while ago, but I still like to believe that the impossible is possible. If anyone can do that, it's you.

You know how I know I'm not a little kid anymore? My letters to you used to contain a long list of toys and a variety of pets that I knew my parents would never get me. Now though...there's really only one thing on my Christmas list.

I've been a fairly good girl this year. I've had my bad days, but really, who doesn't? So, a friend of mine is in the hospital after yet another surgery. Santa, I know you can't make all of the health problems go away, but if you could help her be as comfortable as possible that would really help. And, do you think you could make sure she's out of the hospital and back home with her cat and dog by Christmas day? There's also one more thing that I would like. Is it possible for you to make sure that there is a new dog trained to be her wheelchair guide by at least summer? I'm hoping for earlier, but it does take a long time to train wheelchair guides so I'm not really expecting you to make that happen any earlier.

Anyway Santa, that's what I thought I would spend my Christmas wish on this year. There is something I would like under my tree this year, but I don't think you can wrap it, stuff it in a bag, and make your reindeer carry it all the way to me. I'm sure you know what it is though because you're Santa Clause.

Merry Christmas Santa.

Love,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment