Background

Friday, September 9, 2011

Home Again

As you may have guessed from the title I am finally back in Aberdeen. The flights were pretty uneventful which is how I liked my flights. The car drive from my mom's place to LAX was more eventful that the flights (then again, it was LA traffic at 3:30 in the afternoon). Basically the flights went like this;

Get to the airport, argue with mom over which terminal I was suppose to be in, go to wrong terminal, walk outside and around to right terminal, argue with mom over whether I can go straight to the counters to check in bag, go straight to counter to check in back anyway, take 2 pounds of clothes out of bag, check in bag, hug mom goodbye, go through security, wait at gate for 2 hours, board flight, talk to man sitting next to me about divorces and psychology, sleep, get off first plane, take terminal bus to the next terminal, go through immigration, go through security, wait at gate for an hour, discover that flight has been delayed 20 minutes, take a survey while waiting, board plane, read, sleep, get off, claim bag, get taxi and go home.

There are a lot of steps involved in flying anywhere, but really it was an easy travel day. There were no problems with my seats or getting the vegetarian meal. They didn't charge me extra for my bag being slightly overweight. We didn't sit on the runway for hours before actually taking off and my bag was the first one out on the baggage claim. I didn't have to wait in a ridiculously long line for a taxi. There wasn't even any traffic from the airport to my flat. The whole travel thing went very smoothly. So smooth that it actually unnerves me a little.

But, now I'm home trying to get my new room in order. At least I have a few weeks to get everything sorted out before classes start. I need a mattress topper, an extension cord, a bedside table, a pencil holder, some pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment