Background

Friday, February 4, 2011

Heart Day

Apparently, February 4th is "Be Aware of Your Heart" Day for women. I didn't know about this until I got an invite on facebook. It was a lot like the bra and purse status for Breast Cancer Awareness. This one however, asked us to write something about our heart for our statuses and end it with "...and it's RED." Today you're suppose to wear red for the awareness, but I own next to no red clothing and later on tonight I'll be going out and eating some of the most heart unfriendly food. That still doesn't mean that I can't create awareness about keeping your heart happy and healthy. I exercise everyday and eat very well (most of the time) to ensure that my heart is always happy with me. But, seeing as tonight I'm breaking my normal routine of salads and whole grain, I thought that instead of posted a small thing on my status, I would post something about my heart here on this very blog.

It's broken, but mending
It's hurting and healing
It's filled with hope for the future
It's filled with love for my family, friends, and pups
It creates more love when I need it
It beats to the rhythm of my life
It's what causes me to reach out and help
It knows when I need to ask for help
It keeps me healthy
It keeps me strong
It's my heart
and It's...RED.

Take care of your heart and it will take care of you.

OH! Today is also Reka's birthday. Happy Birthday Reka!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment