Background

Sunday, February 5, 2012

First Week of Second Semester

Well, the first week of classes went as well as I could have expected them to.

This past week's book for English was:

"Prometheus Bound and Other Plays" by Aeschylus

I read most of it then got bored near the end. I'll finish reading it by my tutorial this Friday as I'm only 10 pages from the end. At least I'll know exactly what's going on when the tutorial happens but I don't think it'll be one of the texts I choose to write about. Though, if I have a good tutor like last semester I could probably be persuaded to change my mind. It's based on a Greek myth and I love Greek myths.

For those of you who don't know the myth of Prometheus I do suggest googling it. It's actually quite interesting. In some versions he's the male counterpart to Pandora which leads me to say, "HA! It's not only the females who bring great misery to this world." Anyway, it is quite interesting. I just don't like reading about it in play version.

There was one interesting part about Psychology this week. This semester's three lecture topics are Neuroscience, Clinical Psychology, and Work Psychology. At the beginning of the first lecture of Work Psychology the lecturer showed a computer simulation of how Captain Chelsey "Sully" Sullenberger landed his plane on the Hudson. Known fact about Capt. Sully Sullenberger: he's a breeder custodian for Guide Dogs for the Blind. We're all great people at GDB.

No comments:

Post a Comment