Background

Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Break Plans

Alright guys. It's all been decided. Well, not all of it, but a lot of it. I know basically that I shall be staying here for the first two weeks of my spring break then I shall be going home on the 6th until the 14th. Hooray! I'll get to see my Arwen again! (For those of you who don't know, Arwen is my 80lbs. Golden Retriever and my best friend forever and ever) Here's a picture representation of two things I'm going to do this break.

First, I'm going to become better acquainted with this.

This is my bed. Yep, I'm thinking that maybe I'll sleep for two weeks straight. OK, maybe not the entire two weeks. But it'll be nice to go to sleep at 4am and not have to worry about getting up in the morning.

Secondly, I plan on reading a whole lot.

Lolita and Lady Chatterley's Lover are for my Controversial Classics course. We are now on to our "Sex and Society" bit of the course. Lady Chatterley's Lover is all about sex and people having sex. Well, really it's about making fun of class distinctions, but it gets more people's attention when you say it's all about sex. It was banned in the early 1900's though, so you can image how racy this stuff actually is (i.e. not very). Lolita is one that I have not started reading yet, but I've had the lectures about it (the lecturer was very boring though so I really didn't pay any attention). It seems like it'll be an interesting book though it's about pedophilia. Hey, when the said controversial they meant controversial. Now, you see the George R.R. Martin book? This is the second part of the third book of the series Ice and Fire. I'm in love with them and fully plan on finishing this one and the fourth by the time the HBO series premiers and Jamie has his "Game of Thrones" night after the holiday. And there are two books on Kindall my Kindle that I want to read. I'm also going to be reading Smellorama so I can hopefully give Arwen a little confidence by teaching her how to find lost items.

Besides reading and sleeping, the first two weeks of holiday will include researching for my essay due in Week 9 for English and house hunting so that I have a place to put my stuff this summer and a place to live for the next three years. I'll also be hanging out with Marlene and Lisa and doing this new drawing project I have titled "Project Mufasa". I'm just drawing a lot of lions because I think lions are cool. Movie watching will happen as well I believe. And I'll hopefully play a lot of board games...well, if I can borrow some. I'm resisting the urge to buy a few different card and board games right now.

After that I'm going home for a week and spending time with friends and family. Should be relaxing...hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment