Background

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Flight Failure

So, I thought that it would be a good idea to get some travelling in this summer. Nothing too big, but since I wasn't going to be getting a new puppy to raise for Guide Dogs for the Blind in the UK I thought I might as well see some of the world. I am in the middle of my first trip of the summer. This trip is to visit my flatmate Lisa in her natural habitat of Luxembourg.

Now, I wouldn't be too surprised if none of you out there have heard of Luxembourg. It's not too big. I can't give you the exact details of it right now seeing as I'm on a time limit, but I've seen pictures and it's pretty. So, why not go and see my friend?

I was pretty excited about the whole thing until I landed here in Amsterdam. The flight itself wasn't the best and we landed about 40 minutes before my next flight was to leave. Not only that, but the way the airport is set up I had to take a 10 minute transfer shuttle to the terminal. When I got to said terminal I looked for my flight on the board to check the departure gate (anyone remember the good old days where they printed the gate on your ticket?). Couldn't find my flight. It just wasn't there. So I tried to find another board. This all took about another 5 minutes but as soon as I found the other board I found my flight immediately and noticed it was in another terminal. Ran to the passport check. Ran to the security. Security ran my bag THREE seperate time. All of this taking 20 minutes. Those of you who are good at math will realise that this all took 35 out of my 40 minutes. And, when I got through security, I ran to my gate. But not fast enough.

Where does that leave me? 4 and a half hours in Amsterdam. URGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment